Monday, January 08, 2007

Getting Organized

Over the weekend while nursing our sick puppy Annie back to health, I took the time to organize my stash and knit items. I have a beautiful cedar wardrobe that was handed down to me from my grandparents.
I remember as a child, sitting and hiding in it from my brothers. My grandparents house was the perfect setting for a good game of hide and seek. This weekend, while reminiscing, I wrapped different knit pieces in tissue paper and put the in their cedar home. I came across this shawl that I completed in October and thought I should share it.
My brother, Benjamin, was married this past October to Laura who is precious in every sense of the word. They had a beautiful and elegant black and white wedding. The bridesmaid's dresses were black satin. My dress was a halter style, all of the dresses had an open back. I wanted a beautiful wrap to wear with the dress for the reception. Especially since the wedding was in October, so I scoured patterns until I came across the Vogue Knitting Accessorize Summer shawl pattern. The original pattern calls for a DK cotton.
Given the occasion, I chose Rowan Kidsilk Haze in night. The results are spectacular and the pictures in no way do the shawl justice. Every little move or turn you make, you shimmer! It's light as air and something I will enjoy for years to come.
The entire night, people commented on the beauty of the shawl, asked to see it and try it on. Of course I obliged them.

No comments: