Sunday, January 14, 2007

Casting on...In January!



I am so excited with my progress on the Wicked pattern from Zepher Style. I cast on January 9th, and I am just flying through the pattern and am considering doing a second. I chose Rowan Kid Classic in a beautiful heather gray. It's soft and cool to the touch and as well as beautiful drape.





I have also casted on for Arisaig from Knitty Fall 2005. It's an adorable wrap cardigan. Martin bought me the merino yarn for it as a Christmas present. I am using Jaeger Matchmaker 4ply in Heather - a soft grape color with the contrast band in Indigo - dark and inky blue. It's progressing slowly, the size 3 needles might have something to do with that.








I have also started a baby blanket for my future nephew who is due in March. My bet is on the middle of February. I chose Sidar Snuggly for this project. Its a super soft acrylic/nylon DK. The main factor in choosing this yarn is that it is machine washable and dryable. My sister n law is not going to hand wash anything, and who has time with a newborn anyway. I am creating the pattern myself. The color is stone, which looks like an antique white, I plan to run a satin blue ribbon in the border.

No comments: