Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Sweater for Heidi

So Heidi had a birthday coming and she had been hinting for quite some time that she would love a knitted sweater to wear. I had several project ideas but it was when Isabella from Knitty.com came out that I knew I had a winner. It's the perfect style for my aunt. In addition, Heidi is allergic to all things wool, so cotton was definitely in order.


Pattern: Isabella
Needle size: #3
Yarn: 5 balls of Lara from Elann.com in Brick
Modifications: added 1.5 inches to the overall length by adding 1 inch between the second and third row of eyelets and half of an inch to the upper bodice.



Heidi is about 5'10" and even after the addition in length, I wish I had added just abit more. The pictures do not do the color of the yarn justice. The color is almost terracotta, and reminds me of the soft red you would see on a gerbera daisy or in the desert. It also has a nice sheen to it.


But all said and done, Isabella is a winner, Heidi loves her summer sweater.




No comments: