Thursday, January 04, 2007

Endpaper Mitts!

Just before the weekend and in hopes of needing a pair of hand warmers. Actually these are merely one more example of my addiction to fingerless gloves. ME LOVES THEM SO! Fingerless gloves are what made me pick the needles up again. Trying to type at 3AM in my tiny dispatch office shivering and fingers numb. I actually have no idea when this building was built...but I would dare say that our office would be located in the "historical district." Fingerless gloves brought me back full circle to the art my grandmother had first introduced me to. And this particular pattern is stellar!


Bask in or warm your digits to the Endpaper Mitts. Knit in Little Plymouth Baby Alpaca DK. Yes I substituted. I had some sock weight yarn....but it was too low on the fuzz factor. I wanted dreamy! I kept the pattern the same except at the end, I only repeated half of Chart A or 5 rows. This was the second time I worked with 2 colors at once. The first was a hat from Knitty. The wave pattern on that one turned out perfect...but I dunno I think my technique was off. The hat was way too tight for hubbie which I have never had happen before; so the hat went to my nephew (yeah was really that tight while using the counts for extra large). My resolution was adding an extra wave repeat and it worked out fine. But these, well I had no problems at all.

Def..def...definitely a good time.

No comments: