Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christmas Knits

Christmas knits were a hit on both accounts. Both mums seemed to really love their gifts. Martin's mom had been hinting for some time that she wanted something knitted for herself. She was always seeing my mom receive hand knitted gifts. But I was skeptical at first because many times when she asks for something, she doesn't really want it.



I chose the lacy Elizabeth I pattern from Knitpicks for Maureen. It turned out so gorgeous. I used Crystal Palace Kid Mohair blend in red and a red multi, alternating the two colors every two rows. The effect is beautiful. The first picture is before blocking, followed by pictures of the final results.



For my mom, Maggie, I knit a scarf from Vogue Accessorize. I promised no knit sweaters for anyone this year, last year i was still piecing a sweater together Christmas day. Her scarf is in a perfect pale petal pink, also Crystal Palace Kid Mohair blend, purchased from Yarn Market.

No comments: