Saturday, July 07, 2007

Has anyone out there noticed the gorgeous sweater on the movie "The Holiday?" Cameron Diaz wears this beautiful cabled almost shawl collared, white wrap style cardigan. I must have it....or to say...I must knit it. For some reason, it intrigues me. It appears to alpaca or some silky cashmere blend. I want to knit it in a sumptuous halo of alpaca in cream or soft gray.

Not only do I adore the interlocking cables, but I am most fascinated with the design of the back. The designer, whoever the genius is, used the center of the back for the shaping, creating a yoke or double v if you may. It sets off the cables as they almost merge in the center then veer off to each shoulder.

I tried googling the sweater and came up with nothing. However, I desire it enough that I might just have to design a pattern for it.

No comments: